Get to know MapBiomas and its other initiatives, such as Mapbiomas Alert, Geocovid, MapBiomas Fire and Mapbiomas Water.
- MapBiomas Initiative
- MapBiomas Alert
- MapBiomas Fire: an unprecedented view of the areas affected by fires in Brazil over the years
- MapBiomas Water: the loss of surface water in Brazil since the early 1990s
- Geocovid MapBiomas brings more data and resources to monitor the covid-19 pandemic
Check here out all the launches and seminars held by the initiative.
Click here to see how the launch of the MapBiomas Collection 5 and its themed webinars went.
- Brazil 1985-2020: The transformations of the Brazilian territory in the last 36 years (Collection 6)
- Launch of the Annual Report on Deforestation in Brazil - 2020
- Launch of Pampa Sudamericano Collection 1 (2000-2019)
- Launch of the MapBiomas Bosque Atlântico Collection 1
- Launch of the new Geocovid MapBiomas
Watch a series of thematic videos on how MapBiomas data are applied in different areas in the Brazilian territory.
- Pampa, a meeting point for migratory birds
- MapBiomas historical series help in scenario modeling
- Monitoring native vegetation amidst planted forests
- Satellite mapping of irrigation pivots contributes to sustainable water use
- The challenge of pasture mapping in Brazil
- How to integrate forest restoration and agricultural production
- Pressure on the Kayapó reserve
- Following the jaguars of the Pantanal
- Maps, monkeys and yellow fever
- Mangrove, the first protected vegetation in Brazil
- The case of the Jamanxim National Forest
- MapBiomas and the history of a living territory
Learn how to access the MapBiomas platform, download collections, add layers of information, browse statistics, create and save maps and much more.
- MapBiomas Water: water surface data in Brazil
- Getting Started on the MapBiomas Platform (Collection 6)
- MapBiomas Data Access Toolkits (Collection 6)
- How to download MapBiomas data and maps (Collection 6)
- How to download deforestation and regeneration data (Collection 5)
- Deforestation and secondary vegetation data (Collection 5)
- Assessing the accuracy of MapBiomas land use maps (Collection 5)
- MapBiomas GitHub (Collection 5)
- Pasture quality (Collection 5)
- Irrigation (Collection 5)
- Exploring land use transitions (collection 5)
- How to create and save my maps (Collection 5)
- How to use the MapBiomas Alerta plugin in QGIS
- Taking questions from MapBiomas (Forum and FAQ)
- Navigating land use statistics (Collection 5)
- Adding layers of information to the MapBiomas map (Collection 5)
See here the videos of winning works and events from past editions.
Click here for more information about the award.
- Launch 4th Edition of the MapBiomas Award
- Guardians of the Amazon: technology to protect the forest
- The influence of land use and land cover in the hydrographic basins of APA Costa dos Corais (AL)
- Where is the forest?
- The impact of land use changes in the Chaco
- A model with scenarios of the Atlantic Forest's natural regeneration
- A methodology to measure the implementation of the ABC Plan
- Award Ceremony: 3rd Edition of the MapBiomas Award
- MapBiomas in agribusiness
- The illegality of mining activities in Brazil