Get to know the history of mapbiomas: its projects, collection launches and other initiatives, such as mapbiomas Alerta, Geocovid and deforestation reports.
- Mapbiomas Initiative
- Mapbiomas Alert
- Mapbiomas Fire
Check out all the launches and seminars held by the initiative.
Click here to see how it was launched and the 5th annual mapbiomas seminar with thematic webinars.
Watch a series of thematic videos on how mapbiomas data are applied in different areas in the Brazilian territory.
- MapBiomas and the history of a living territory
- The case of the Jamanxim National Forest
- Mangrove, the first protected vegetation in Brazil
- Maps, monkeys and yellow fever
- Following the jaguars of the Pantanal
- Pressure on the Kayapó reserve
- How to integrate forest restoration and agricultural production
- The challenge of pasture mapping in Brazil
- Satellite mapping of irrigation pivots contributes to sustainable water use
Learn how to access the mapbiomas platform, download collections, add layers of information, browse statistics, create and save maps and much more.
- First steps in MapBiomas (Collection 5)
- Adding layers of information to the MapBiomas map (Collection 5)
- Navigating land use statistics (Collection 5)
- Taking questions from MapBiomas (Forum and FAQ)
- How to use the MapBiomas Alerta plugin in QGIS
- How to create and save my maps (Collection 5)
- Exploring land use transitions (collection 5)
- How to download MapBiomas data and maps (Collection 5)
- Irrigation (Collection 5)
- MapBiomas data access toolkit (Collection 5)
- Pasture quality (Collection 5)
- MapBiomas GitHub (Collection 5)
- Assessing the accuracy of MapBiomas land use maps (Collection 5)
- Deforestation and secondary vegetation data (Collection 5)
- How to download deforestation and regeneration data (Collection 5)