Mapbiomas Collection Quick Export Tool
To facilitate access to coverage and transition MapBiomas data by year, the project toolkit was created. Through this toolkit available on Google Earth Engine, it is possible to export collections by biome boundary, state, county, watershed, protected areas or any other geographic boundary that the user is interested in cutting.
It allows to download maps and statistics of deforestation and regeneration. The value of each pixel is calculated using the following formula:
- 115 = anthropic in the pasture class
- 203 = primary vegetation in the forest class
- 212 = primary vegetation in the class of countryside formations
- 303 = secondary vegetation in the forest class
- 404 = suppression of primary vegetation of the savanna class
- 503 = recovery for secondary vegetation for forest class
- 604 = suppression of secondary savanna vegetation
- 703 = transition noise (all classes above 700 should be disregarded)
 Center-pivot irrigation
 Other irrigation systems
PlugIn for QGis
MapBiomas Collections can we assed direct at QGis through a PlugIn.
Watch the instructions to install and use the PlugIn.
MapBiomas Processing Codes Depository
The codes used by MapBiomas to produce maps including classification, spatial and temporal filters, data integration, generation of transitions and calculation of statistics, among others, are available in the MapBiomas code repository on GitHub.
Acesso em: https://github.com/mapbiomas-brazil
GOOGLE EARTH ENGINE
MapBiomas uses technology from the Google Earth Engine platform. We provide scripts to facilitate access to the MapBiomas collections.
To access and run follow the following instructions:
- With a Gmail account sign up for the Google Earth Engine Platform through this link https://earthengine.google.com
- In a few days you will receive authorization to access the platform.
- Once registered in Google Earth Engine insert the link of the scripts you want to run.
- Change the parameters to get the map you want.
We encourage SCRIPT MAPBIOMAS users to send us their suggestions for innovation so that we can constantly improve it.
Access to Mapbiomas collection on Google Earth Engine
Images and Maps collections are available to be accessed as an asset directly from Google Earth Engine, without the need to download or upload data. Here are the available products and their access IDs in Google Earth Engine:
Collection 6 final maps.
Transition area maps (change of coverage or use) between selected years.
Landsat Image Mosaic for each year of Collection 6
TVI (TEMPORAL VISUAL INSPECTION)
Open source online tool for visual inspection of sample points in historical Landsat satellite remote sensing image series. Created by the Image Processing Laboratory of the Federal University of Goiás (LAPIG - UFG), TVI provides subsidies that facilitate and streamline the process of interpreting satellite series for the training and calibration of image classification algorithms. In MapBiomas, TVI was mainly used to obtain validation points of the annual pasture area distribution mappings in the Brazilian territory.