Technical notes developed by the MapBiomas Project regarding specific issues.
- Technical Note on Potential impacts of due diligence criteria on the protection of threatened South American non-forest natural ecosystems (02.05.2022) - Presets an assessment of natural ecosystems in South America that would not be protected by the proposed European regulation against imported deforestation if the FAO definition of forests were used as a criterion.
- Technical Note on Suspended Sediments in the Tapajós Watershed (24.1.2022 - only in Portuguese) - Presents an analysis of possible causes of the increase in sediments in the Tapajós River Basin in the State of Pará.
- Technical Note on Madeira River Garimpos (12.01.2021 - only in Portuguese) - Presents the feasibility of remote detection and monitoring of garimpo activity in Madeira River, Brazilian Amazon.
- Technical Note on the Impact of Dispatch n. 4410/2020 of the Ministry of the Environment (only in Portuguese) - Quantitatively estimates the impact of Dispatch No. 4.410/2020 of the Ministry of the Environment (MMA) on the total of degraded areas to be recovered in the Atlantic Forest.
- Technical Note on Pasture Mapping (12.06.2020 - only in Portuguese) - Clarifies doubts raised about MapBiomas' pasture mapping and its differences to other pasture area estimates performed in Brazil.