Technical notes developed by the MapBiomas Project regarding specific issues.
- Technical Note on the Analysis of the Expansion of Urbanized Areas on the North Coast of São Paulo (27.02.2023 - only in Portuguese) - analyzes the increase in the urbanized area from 1985 to 2021 in the municipalities of the North Coast of São Paulo affected by a large volume of rainfall between 18th and 19th February 2023.
- Technical Note on urban areas around water bodies in Brazil (01.08.2022 - only in Portuguese) - analyzes occupied and not occupied areas by urbanization in the 30 m marginal range of urban water bodies between 1985 and 2020 in Brazil (which correspond to the minimum range in APPs in the Forest Code).
- Technical Note on Potential impacts of due diligence criteria on the protection of threatened South American non-forest natural ecosystems (updated version 07.07.2022) - Presets an assessment of natural ecosystems in South America that the proposed European regulation would protect by against imported deforestation if the FAO definition of forests were used as a criterion.
- Technical Note on Suspended Sediments in the Tapajós Watershed (24.1.2022 - only in Portuguese) - Presents an analysis of possible causes of increased sediments in the Tapajós River Basin in the State of Pará.
- Technical Note on Madeira River Garimpos (12.01.2021 - only in Portuguese) - Presents the feasibility of remote detection and monitoring of garimpo activity in Madeira River, Brazilian Amazon.
- Technical Note on the Impact of Dispatch n. 4410/2020 of the Ministry of the Environment (only in Portuguese) - Quantitatively estimates the impact of Dispatch No. 4.410/2020 of the Ministry of the Environment (MMA) on the total of degraded areas to be recovered in the Atlantic Forest.
- Technical Note on Pasture Mapping (12.06.2020 - only in Portuguese) - Clarifies doubts raised about MapBiomas' pasture mapping and its differences to other pasture area estimates performed in Brazil.